Your Midwest Media

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2018 2:17 am  #1

claiming the Tokyo title.

China's Midea Group (000333.SZ) on Wednesday said it offered to buy German industrial robot maker Kuka AG (KU2G.DE) for 115 euros a share in cash to expand its know-how in robotics for general industry and logistics applications. Kuka D'Onta Foreman Texans Jersey , one of the world's leading robot suppliers in automotive manufacturing, is the second German logistics company to attract interest from Chinese investors, after Weichai Power (000338.SZ) took a 25 percent stake Kion (KGX.DE) in 2012. Midea's offer values Kuka at around 4.5 billion euros and represents a premium of 36 percent to the Kuka share price of 84.41 euros at close on Tuesday. Kuka shares rose 35 percent to a record high of 114 euros on Wednesday on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Analysts said the takeover price may be attractive enough to persuade established anchor shareholders like Voith to sell. Augusburg-based Kuka currently has three large shareholders including Friedhelm Loh, a German entrepreneur who owns 10 percent, and Voith Group which holds 25.1 percent. "With today's offer Midea is in our view providing a highly attractive exit for a broad variety of shareholders," analysts at Equinet said on a note on Wednesday. Midea said it had a 13.5 percent stake in Kuka and was seeking to become the largest shareholder by raising its stake beyond 30 percent. Under German takeover rules, any bidder seeking control of more than 30 percent in a listed company must make a mandatory offer to all shareholders. Kuka was not immediately available for comment. Midea said it had confidence in Kuka's current management and intended to leave it in charge of running the company on a day to day basis. "KUKA is in excellent condition today and we are committed to investing in KUKA's employees, brand, intellectual property and facilities to further support the company's development," Midea Chairman and Chief Executive Paul Fang said in a statement. The Chinese industrial group further said it had no plans to delist the German company, or to implement a so-called profit transfer and domination agreement. Midea Group raised its stake in Kuka to 10.2 percent in February, saying at the time that it wanted to further increase its shareholding. Midea's move is part of a wave of Chinese investments in Germany. In January a consortium led by state-owned ChemChina agreed to buy industrial machinery maker KraussMaffei Group for about $1 billion. Sany Heavy Industry Co Ltd (600031.SS) bought concrete pump maker Putzmeister Holding GmbH for $698 million in 2012."France's Matthieu Jalibert (L) breaks through during the World Rugby U20 Championship between Georgia and France in Tbilisi, Georgia, on June 8, 2017. France won 54-0. (XinhuaKulumbegashvili Tamuna)     Farmers collect crayfish, rice seedlings in China In pics: 3D paddy fields in Shenyang, NE China's Liaoning Highlights of traditional skills competition in C China's Zhengzhou Scientists identify most complete hatchling preserved in Burmese amber Total of 9.4 million students to attend 2017 Gaokao in China Creations of Suzhou embroidery presented in Beijing Three giant pandas return to Chengdu from Japan to start new life China's FTC-2000 aircraft export-version rolls off production line" "  WUHAN, Sept. 27 (Xinhua) -- Former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic stunned second seed Garbine Muguruza 6-4, 7-6(2) in the second round of the WTA Wuhan Open on Tuesday. The Serb, Guangzhou Open runner-up, will next play Barbora Strycova of Czech Republic, who outlasted Japan's Misaki Doi 5-7, 6-0, 6-2. Current world No. 1 Angelique Kerber overcame a slow start to see off Kristina Mladenovic to reach the third round. The 28-year-old German displayed all the qualities that have taken her to the pinnacle of the women's game to complete a 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-4 victory over Mladenovic and set up a meeting with another Grand Slam champion Petra Kvitova, who dismissed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine 6-3, 6-1. ""Kiki was playing very well today, especially in the first set. I was trying to come back in the second,"" Kerber said. ""The first match is always tough. But I'm happy to be back in China and to have won my first match here. ""I was trying to play more aggressive, more my tennis, moving a little bit better. ""It's always tough against Petra. So, I will have to play better than today for sure. I will try my best to going out there to win the match and I will have to play one of my best tennis tomorrow against her,"" added the newly-crown US Open champion, who had won the last three matches against Kvitova. No. 3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska defused Ekaterina Makarova to register her first win in three attempts in the tournament. She will next face Caroline Wozniacki, who last week produced a stunning comeback win against the Pole en route to claiming the Tokyo title. Wozniacki has pulled off a late season resurgence, reaching the US Open semifinal and lifting her first 2016 title at the Toray Pan Pacific Open. The Dane dispatched Katerina Siniakova from Czech Republic 6-4, 6-4 in the second round, recording her seventh straight victory this month. Defending champion Venus Williams, seeded six, made short work of Yulia Putintseva 6-3, 6-2. She will take on ninth seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova next as the former US Open champion brushed aside America's Madison Brengle 6-0, 6-4. Italy's Roberta Vinci, 13th seed, was ousted by Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 7-5, 6-2, becoming the only seeded player to bow out on Tuesday. The only Chinese player remaining in the main draw, Zhang Shuai lost to Britain's Johanna Konta, the runner-up here last year, 6-3, 6-3. In other matches, eighth seeded Madison Keys from United States beat Caroline Garica of France 6-3, 6-4; 10th s. Cheap Spurs Jerseys   Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys   Cheap Toronto Raptors Jerseys   Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys   Cheap Orlando Magic Jerseys   Wholesale Lakers Jerseys   Wholesale New York Knicks Jerseys   Wholesale Utah Jazz Jerseys   Wholesale Miami Heat Jerseys   Wholesale Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys  

Board footera